Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Party

I'm so excited! I finally figured out how to select, resize and upload a bunch of pictures quickly using Picassa and their web albums. I have so many pictures from this summer and it's been weighing on my conscience but opening them one at a time, resizing and saving is just too much work.

This slideshow is from the kids birthday party about a week and a half ago. It was so much fun! We did a country fair them and invited several families. Not everyone could come, but I think we still ended up with 17 kids so it was pretty fun. We set up the waterslide and played "goodies in a haystack" where I kid pinata-type goodies in a pile of straw and let the kids have 1 min to look, starting with the littlest kids. It ended up taking even more time than I thought since afterwards they all dug through again... and again. Allison was even finding candy a couple of days later. I made Alex an ice cream cake, which was actually much easier than I expected. Just three layers of cake with two layers of ice cream in between. I used Wilton's whipped icing mix to frost it, since I thought that would hold up better in the freezer than regular buttercream.

I even included some extra pics of Evelyn and what was left of her cake. I got most of the best pictures at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment