Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Great Cake Smash of '09



We had a combined birthday party for Alex and Evelyn last Saturday. And yes, there are a lot more pictures from them. I'm kind of thinking that maybe I'm overcomplicating my life with the whole photography thing since now I know pictures can be improved AFTER you take them. Who would have thought, right? So instead of just posting them to the blog, I think "wait, I can fix that!" and then I spend forever editing photos only to realize that I don't like what I got after all or that maybe I made her skin too yellow in one or too magenta in another one. Or maybe the colors aren't saturated enough. I'm sincerely hoping that eventually something will just click and this will all become second nature. Until then, well, you get to see the pictures that I played with of Evelyn eating her cake. And, even if the light was horrible and every child at the party thought they had to be two inches from her face.... well, this is still the first child I've had who's REALLY, REALLY gotten into her first birthday cake. And it was fun.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment