Saturday, July 25, 2009

Xander's bedroom

WARNING!!! XANDER DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING. PLEASE KEEP THE SECRET SO IT'LL BE A SURPRISE. THANKS

My older kids are down visiting their grandparents in Oklahoma and one of my projects this last week has been to update the kids bedrooms. Alex has been very sad lately that he "doesn't have colored walls" when everyone else does and he's also, he hem, getting a little tired of sleeping in a toddler bed. Plus, I need the mattress for Evelyn's crib.

So here we are, a week's worth of work.

1. Painted some of the walls a light green color:
From Xander's bedroom


Getting ready to start on the bed:
From Xander's bedroom


Bed started, first coat of the dark green paint:
From Xander's bedroom

From Xander's bedroom


Bed painted, second coat of green paint on walls:
From Xander's bedroom

From Xander's bedroom

From Xander's bedroom


Put the mattress on the bed, moved everything back into his room:
From Xander's bedroom

From Xander's bedroom


You can see I still need to build the rail for the bed, which will be put on separately and I "think" I'm going to attach a climbing cargo net to it as a ladder, which would fit with the jungle theme. I also need to find the duvet cover I bought for his comforter and decorate (yes I have plans for that white wall, other than holding all the Curious George decals while I painted) but for the most part, it's finished. Whew!! On to the next project....

2 comments:

  1. Caren that is amazing! Where did you get the time to do all that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What a project to take on! I am impressed. I saw Peter at church last Sunday, but not the kids. You sure are making the most of their time away.

    ReplyDelete